Whether you have started your first home business or you are a veteran entrepreneur, you can have the business you want in 2011 as long as you are willing to invest the time and effort into making it happen. With a new year comes a new opportunity to recreate your life. I’ve compiled a list of 20 online business tips to assist you in taking your business to the next level of success.
Internet Marketing Tips to Find More Customers for your Home Business
1. Find more ways to deliver your sales message. If you’ve been relying on one or two ways to market your site, then you need to drastically increase the number of avenues you are using to reach customers for your home business. Banner advertising, guest posting, video marketing, and social media marketing are other ways you can get your message in front of potential customers.
2. Offer a free training course. Free really speaks volumes in today’s economy. By providing a free informational webinar, EBook, or training course on a subject people in your target market care about, you’ll attract their attention. Once they experience the value you offer, they are more likely to become a regular customer.
3. Start a blog for your home business or personal brand. A blog is a dynamic website where you post information articles on a regular basis. There are multiple benefits to having a blog. The articles you write will help you attract followers. You will be able to demonstrate your expertise. Your positioning in search engines will increase with each article you write which will attract more prospects to you. Starting a blog is very easy. Contact me for more information on a simple way to do it.
4. Consider implementing an affiliate program. You can build an army of commissioned salespeople who will market your program for a cut of the profits. Although you make less money per transaction, you’ll increase the number of customers buying without any extra effort on your part.
5. Ask your current clients for referrals. If they are happy with the products and services you provide, they will be all too willing to send more people your way.
Make More Money by Increasing Sales for your Home Business
1. Increase your prices. An easy way to make more money is to increase how much you are charging your clients. Do some research in your industry to see what other people are charging for the same products and services. You may be surprised to find that you are undercharging.
2. Release additional products. Chances are good that you already have a base of paying customers. A good way to make more money is to release additional products or services your current customers have been asking for. This can be an EBook, web based training, complimentary beauty products, anything that will appeal to both current and new clients.
3. Saving money is a good way to increase your profit margin for your home business. Look for ways to reduce the cost of manufacturing or distributing your products and services without sacrificing the quality. This may include switching to an affiliate marketing model or renegotiating with suppliers for a better price.
4. Work on increasing your conversions. Look at your marketing materials. Are they doing their job selling your home business or product? If not, work with a reputable copywriter to revise it so it does. Are you targeting the right market? Reevaluate who your ideal customer is. If your sales volume is particularly low, you may be targeting the wrong demographic.
5. Make a habit of upselling or switch to a top down approach. Instead of starting with your lowest package, sell customers on the most expensive package and then work your way down. An alternative is to suggest additional products that compliment the one they are buying. You may be losing money in your home business simply because you are not asking your customers to spend more.
Expand Your Network with Social Media for your Home Business
1. Create a Facebook fan page for your home business. Use the page as a platform to share information, special offers, and otherwise reach out to fans of your business and find new ones. There are several plugins you can use to add video, distribute Facebook only coupons, and even maintain a discussion forum where people can ask questions and connect with other fans.
2. Use Twitter directories, like Twellow or WeFollow, to find people in your target market who are on Twitter. Begin a relationship with them by following them and talking to them. Take in interest in what they have to say. Generally, they will be only too happy to return the interest.
3. Take part in groups on social media outlets like Facebook, and LinkedIn. Groups are a great way to learn more about people in your target audience which will help you refine your marketing to attract and convert more people to your home business. Joining groups also allows you to share your expertise and attract new customers and business associates. The bigger your network is, the longer the reach of your business.
4. Join Twitter Chats to share your knowledge and connect with other likeminded individuals. Participating in them will net you followers who are interested in the value and information you provide. There is a Twitter chat for almost every industry. You can find a list of them on this blog.
5. Step up your social media marketing for your home business. If you only post to Twitter or log onto Facebook a few minutes a day, then you are missing out on a golden opportunity. Make it a goal to network with others on social media sites for at least an hour a day. Although you can automate a lot of your social updating, nothing beats having a physical presence on the site. People prefer talking to other real people.
Improve Your Website for your Home Business
1. Make it easy for your readers to share your content by adding social networking tools to your blog. Most of the social media sites have badges you can add to your posts. If you have a WordPress blog, there are a number of plugins that make integrating those widgets extremely easy.
2. Make 2011 the year you learn about Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing. Search engines will continue to be relevant despite the popularity of social media outlets. Learning how to use keywords effectively and optimizing your website so that it ranks high on the search engine result pages is crucial to your home business. I highly recommend SEO Pressor. It has been wonderful and easy for me personally.
3. Organize your site. Websites are just like homes. They tend to get filled up with useless clutter the longer you have it. Take a good look at your site. Are visitors able to find information easily? Is your sidebar crowded with widgets and gizmos you don’t really need? Does it look like a hot mess? Take some time to clean it up. Enlist the aid of web designer who can help you create a professional looking website.
4. If you are still using third party blogging sites like Blogger.com and WordPress.com, then it is time you switch to a self-hosted blog on your own domain. Not only does it look more professional, but you will be able to customize your site the way you want it. Third-party sites limit what you can do on their web property. In addition to that, being on a third party site makes you look like an amateur.
5. Tell visitors what to do. At the bottom of your articles, give your visitors clear direction as to what you would like them to do next. If they read to the bottom of the article then it is obvious they are interested in what you have to say. Put links to related articles, ask them to subscribe to your blog via RSS, or direct them to the products you have for sale. This is an easy way to start them down your sales funnel to learn more about your home business.
For more tips on how you can supercharge your home business in 2011, visit my blog archives. For a free consultation that will teach you how to improve your personal brand and home business, contact me.