Posts Tagged ‘Branding’
Success in Business Requires Branding Your Name
One of the biggest mistakes I see network marketers make when they start their business is they brand their company name and not their own name. So many times I visit websites that have URLS like hotxyzmlm.com or earnmoneywithmlm123.com. If the person does remember to register their own domain name, it is usually being forwarded to the website their company gives them to refer prospects.
However, the bad branding strategy doesn’t stop there. I can’t tell you the number of people on social media sites like Twitter and Facebook who create accounts with their MLM company’s name instead of their own. Even their Facebook fan page uses some version of their network marketing company’s name.
Branding Your MLM Business is Not a Good Idea
There are numerous problems with doing this. First, most multilevel marketing companies do not allow their distributors or independent business owners to use their name in any type of marketing. This is because the company wants to protect their brand from any abuse or misuse that may occur. In addition to that, they don’t want their brand name diluted by people who oftentimes don’t know what they are doing when it comes to marketing.
The other major problem you run into when you don’t take the time to build your own personal brand is the fallout that happens when you switch MLM companies or start up a completely different project. All the time you spent marketing your business, making connections, and building up the brand is now going to waste because you are not able to use any of that in your new venture.
I can understand the temptation to use the company’s name rather than your own. Chances are pretty good that their name is more recognizable than yours because of all the marketing they have done to promote their business. But this, in itself, can be problematic too.
If you have joined with a good company, then you benefit from the goodwill they have generated in the world. However, if you unknowingly joined a bad company, then their poor reputation can drag you down too and make it extremely difficult for you get anywhere with your prospects.
Branding your own name instead of your MLM’s is more challenging but provides substantial benefits such as:
* Being able to easily switch between MLM companies without losing any of the momentum you built up with your marketing efforts.
* People search for your name on the internet and make a buying decision based on what comes up. By branding your name, your profile will appear in the search results which will make prospects more comfortable buying from you.
* Prospects don’t always remember company names but they will remember your name and face.
* By branding your name, you can leverage it to expand into other opportunities. For example, you could get into public speaking or write a book in addition to building your network marketing business.
* You will stand out from the millions of other people who are still branding their MLM company names.
It is never too late to start branding your own name. Contact me for a free consultation and I will take you through the process. In today’s digital world you cannot afford to be anonymous. Take the time to brand your name and watch your profits soar. Visit my archives for more articles on branding.